These bars are easy to make and a great dessert for any Mexican dinner! Kids and adults alike love these.
Churro Cheesecake Bars with Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup sugar divided
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 – 8 oz boxes cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cans crescent dough or puff pastry
- 11 oz bag caramel squares unwrapped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, beat cream cheese on medium high speed until whipped. Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, egg and vanilla. Blend well.
- Spray the bottom of a 13 x 9 glass baking dish with nonstick spray. Carefully unroll one can of crescent dough and spread along bottom of pan. If any seams are breaking, gently press them back together to ensure there are no holes in the dough.
- Sprinkle top of dough with 1/3 of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Careful pour cream cheese mixture over first layer of dough. Spread evenly with a spatula. Sprinkle another 1/3 of cinnamon sugar mixture over top of cream cheese mixture.
- Gently unroll last can of crescent dough. Spread very softly over top of cream cheese mixture. If any seams are breaking, gently press them back together to ensure there are no holes in the dough.
- Sprinkle top of dough with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until dough is cooked and very slightly browned. Let cool 5-10 minutes.
- While bars are cooking, make caramel sauce. Add unwrapped caramels and heavy cream to a small stockpot and heavy over medium heat. Whisk frequently. If bubbling, turn heat down to low. Once caramels melt and cream combines (after about 5-6 minutes), caramel sauce will form. When thickened, turn heat off.
- Cut bars and drizzle with caramel sauce. Serve warm.