This vegetarian dip is easy, quick and flavorful. The twist with cornbread layers has always been a favorite. Mix it with our homemade avocado cream and you have a hit!
7 Layer Mexican Dip
- 1 box cornbread mix prepared according to box instructions, cooked, cooled and cubed (use gluten free mix, if desired)
- 2 cans pinto or black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 bag shredded lettuce
- 1 recipe homemade Avocado Cream see below
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 bunch green onions diced
- 1-2 avocados pitted and diced (add more or less depending on amount of avocado flavor you want)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup avocado mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Dash of kosher salt and pepper
- First prepare avocado cream by placing all ingredients in food processor or blender. Blend until well combined. Set aside until ready to use.
- Next, create dip by layering as follows below. Note, that you will do each of the seven layers two times so each layer should be half of each ingredient.
- 1/2 cornbread cubes
- 1/2 pinto beans
- 1/2 bag shredded lettuce
- 1/2 recipe avocado cream
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 diced tomatoes
- 1/2 diced green onions
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers or raw veggies. If not using immediately, refrigerate until ready to use.