With a house full of kids, I love to make breakfasts ahead for the week and have snacks for their seemingly never-ending hunger. Whipping up this easy baked oatmeal is fast with ingredients you likely have on hand. Serve for breakfast, cut up for snack time or save for dessert!
Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium apples peeled, cored and diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 or square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Line with parchment paper and allow parchment to hang over sides allowing for easy removal. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (oats through nutmeg). In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients (eggs through vanilla extract). Whisk wet ingredients well. Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mixing well to combine. Fold in diced apples.
- Gently pour half of the mixture in bottom of prepared pan. Using a spatula, gently spread to form an even layer.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.. Let sit for 5 minutes to cool. Cut into squares and serve for breakfast or a snack.