Headed to the orchard this weekend? Let’s use those amazing apples! Whether a weekend brunch or “breakfast for dinner,” these pancakes are a hit with kids and adults alike. They come together quickly in a blender and have a nice richness without being overly sweet. Gluten and dairy free without sacrificing any taste. Serve with a side of bacon or fruit.
Apple Cinnamon Blender Pancakes with Almond Butter
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup flour or gluten free blend
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 2 apples peeled and cubed into 1/2” pieces (reserve 1/2 cup for garnish)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon sugar
- Cubed apples
- Almond butter
- Maple syrup
- Combine pancake ingredients (oats through baking powder) in a blender until smooth. Mixture will be thick but should be easily scoopable.
- Heat a griddle or large nonstick saucepan over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray or oil to ensure pancakes don’t stick. Pour pancake mixture in roughly 1/4 cup circles onto pan or griddle. Fit as many as possible at a time without overcrowding. Cook 3-4 minutes on first side. Pancake will start bubbling slightly and brown on the edges. Flip and cook 2-3 more minutes. Repeat with remaining batter until all pancakes are cooked.
- While pancakes are cooking, heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat and add reserved 1/2 cup diced apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Cook 5-6 or until softened and lightly golden browned.
- Serve pancakes warm. Top with cooked apples, drizzled almond butter, syrup and cinnamon or desired toppings.