Headed to the orchard this weekend? Let’s use those apples for a great muffins recipe! Apple, Oat & Bran Muffins are a fast, easy and healthy way to start the day! Kids love these. Two small changes noted below makes them gluten free (that’s how we love them!) And, if you have any Apple Butter on hand, that’s a fantastic addition, too! Save any extras for the week ahead as a quick school day breakfast option!
Apple, Oat & Bran Muffins
- 1 1/4 all purpose flour can easily be substituted for a gluten free mix
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup wheat bran can easily sub gluten free oat bran
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 large Granny Smith Apple diced into 1/4” pieces
- 1 cup vanilla or plain yogurt
- 2/3 cup fat free milk
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 large egg
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup, leveling with a knife. Combine flour and next seven ingredients through salt in a medium bowl. Stir in raisins and apples. Make a well in center of mixture for wet ingredients.
- Combine yogurt and next four ingredients through egg; stir well with a whisk. Add to flour mixture; stirring just until moist. Spoon the batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Cook 16-18 minutes or until lightly browned and muffins spring back to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.