It’s so tasty for breakfast or lunch with many ingredients you likely have on hand. (I tossed in some extra grape tomatoes today!) A perfect combo of fat, protein and carbs to keep you fueled. A favorite of the kids in our house!
Avocado Toast with Egg and Honey
- 1 slice whole wheat bread can also sub gluten free
- 1 avocado pit removed and diced
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 1 tsp favorite dried herbs Penzey’s Foxpoint Seasoning is my favorite
- 1/3 cup micro greens or arugula
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp honey
- Sesame seeds or Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Toast bread. Set aside.
- Mix together avocado, oil, salt & pepper and dried herbs in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on high. Spray with cooking spray. Crack egg into skillet. Once the yolk settles and white forms around it (about 2 minutes), gently flip using a spatula. Cook for another minute until lightly browned on both sides.
- Assemble avocado toast on a plate. Place toast on bottom and top with avocado mixture. Slightly smear onto bread if needed. Top with micro greens and egg. Very lightly drizzle with honey. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Honey drizzle helps sesame seeds stick. Enjoy!