The best addition to your burgers, grilled sandwiches, burritos or even atop crostini. Bacon Jam takes a bit longer to cook and caramelize but don’t let that scare you – it’s so easy! Make it once and it will be your jam!
- 1 package bacon
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 onions diced
- 5 cloves garlic diced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 jalapeño diced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp worstechire sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- Cook bacon in large pan over medium high heat. Move around frequently and cook until browned and almost crisp.
- Use a slotted spoon and remove bacon from pan. Set aside.
- Add butter to pan over medium high heat and melt. Add onion, cooking 5-7 minutes. Add garlic, salt, pepper, brown sugar, tomato paste., worstechire and water to pan. Mix well. If desired, add jalapeño.
- Turn heat down to low and cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Return bacon to pan. Mix well. Cook another 20-30 minutes on low heat. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Use on burgers or burritos. Store in airtight container for up to one week.