Ready for a busy week ahead? We love having easy breakfasts on hand for hungry kiddos! The recipe is quick, easy and most ingredients you should have on hand. Toss in some chocolate chips to please all the kids in the house. #glutenfree #glutenfreerecipes
The Best Banana Bread
- 2 cups regular or gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 Tbsp milk buttermilk, or non dairy milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 medium bananas overly ripe is best
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a standard loaf pan (or 4 minis) with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mash bananas well in a bowl with the back of a fork or spoon. (This is a fun task for kids with clean hands!) This will ensure they incorporate evenly into batter. Next, combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together egg, sugar, and oil until well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. The mixture will be thick and dry. Then add bananas, milk, vanilla, walnuts and chocolate chips (if using) to the mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan or divide evenly into minis. For regular loaf, bake 50-75 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. For minis, reduce time to 35-50 minutes. Remove bread from oven to a cooling rack and let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. This is fantastic served with pumpkin or apple butter!