We love our easy banana bread and it flies like hot cakes when we make it! But, with kids on the run in the morning or always looking for an easy snack, muffins are a bit easier to keep their bellies full. These come together super quick and are delish!
Banana Bread Muffins
- 2 cups flour sub gluten free blend, if desired
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 bananas overly ripe is best
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Mash bananas well in a bowl with the back of a fork or spoon. (This is a fun task for kids with clean hands!) This will ensure they incorporate evenly into batter.
- In a medium bowl, stir together butter, sugar and egg until well combined. Add the vanilla and milk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just combined. The mixture will be thick and dry.
- Add bananas to mixture and gently incorporate. You want them evenly distributed but not overworked.
- Spray a standard muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop the batter into prepared pan. Bake 30-32 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven to a cooling rack and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.