In our series of crunch muffins, these are hands down the most popular. Watch them disappear right after the come out of the oven! The perfect weekend breakfast or “make ahead” muffins to prep for the week ahead. Also, a great addition to any brunch spread. Easy, delicious and crowd pleasing!
Banana Crunch Muffins
- 2 cups regular or gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 Tbsp milk buttermilk, or non-dairy milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 medium bananas overly ripe is best
- 1 cup granola slightly crushed (grain free if making gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas well in a bowl with the back of a fork or spoon. (This is a fun task for kids with clean hands!) This will ensure they incorporate evenly into batter. Next, combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together egg, sugar, and oil until well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. The mixture will be thick and dry. Then add bananas, milk and vanilla to the mixture and stir until incorporated. Note, entire recipe can also be prepared using a stand mixture.
- Line muffin tin with paper muffin cups or spray with nonstick spray. Add half of batter to muffin cups. Sprinkle half of granola mixture over top of muffin tins. Add remaining half of batter. Sprinkle remaining granola over top. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Muffins can be stored for 2-3 days in an airtight container.