My perfect “clean out the pantry” breakfast for the family. Easily gluten free and delicious. These always fly at our house so grab yours early!
Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Muffins
Servings: 1 dozen
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour gluten free blend, if desired
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips I prefer semi sweet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together butter and brown sugar until smooth. Whisk in egg and vanilla extract. Note, this can also be done in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Combine well.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and combine. Mixture will be slightly dry. Add bananas and gently mix to combine. Bananas will bring nice moisture to the mix. Add chocolate chips and combine.
- Spray a standard size muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with paper liners. Evenly divide batter amongst muffin cups. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly golden brown.