One of our workhorses in the kitchen! Perfect on pasta, chicken, pizza and so much more! Make a little extra and be ready for second meal the week ahead!
- 2 cups fresh basil stems removed
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup nuts of choice I like to use pine nuts or slivered almonds; ensure nuts are unsalted and can be roasted
- ¼ cup to 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup to ¾ cup olive oil
- Place all ingredients except olive oil in Cuisinart or blender. Begin to blend and drizzle olive oil into blender while going to emulsify. Adjust level of olive oil needed to drive desired consistency. Serve tossed on pasta or use as base sauce on grilled pizza crust.