An easy way to prep a crowd favorite! The kids eat these up more quickly than you can make them. I love making quesadillas on the stovetop as they come together quickly and end up crispy and delicious!
BBQ Chicken Skillet Quesadilla
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 chicken breast cooked and diced (can also substitute 1 cup rotisserie chicken)
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce store bought or our homemade version included below
- 2 scallions green and white parts, diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 2 tsp barbecue sauce
- 2 tsp ranch dressing
- Scallions diced
- 1¼ cup ketchup
- 4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ⅛ tap cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup molasses
- ¼ cup honey
- In a small bowl, mix chicken breast and barbecue sauce to coat. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Prepare one quesadilla at a time. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese in bottom of skillet. Add 1/2 of chicken. Once cheese starts to melt, add 1/2 of scallions. Top with tortilla. Spray tortilla with nonstick cooking spray. After cheese is melted, roughly 4-5 minutes, flip quesadilla onto hand and flip in pan. Tortilla side will now be down.
- Fold quesadilla in half. Cook 2-3 minutes or until outside of side down is golden brown. Flip and top with 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Cook additional 2-3 minutes or until cheese on top is melted.
- Cut cooked quesadilla into quarters. Top with drizzle of barbecue sauce and ranch. Garnish with scallions.
- Repeat with second quesadilla.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan and stir well.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat and then turn the heat down to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring constantly.