When Taco Tuesday and Cinco de Mayo fall on the same week, it’s a great excuse for even more tacos on the menu! These are amazing and what an absolute treat of a meal! 90% hands off and 100% amazing. A great weeknight or weekend meal for a crowd.
Beef Barbacoa Tacos
- 2 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 medium shallot diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup beef or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 8 tortillas corn or flour
- Mango peeled and diced
- Angel hair coleslaw or shredded lettuce
- Cojita cheese crumbled
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Pickled red onions or shallots
- 2 avocados pitted and diced
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup avocado mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Dash of kosher salt and pepper
- Cut beef into 4-6 large sections. Place in bottom of crockpot with garlic and shallots. Pour broth and squeeze lime around beef.
- In a small bowl, combine spices from salt through cilantro. Sprinkle over beef.
- Set crock pot on low for 8 hours. When finished, shred with two forks in crock pot.
- Using tongs, spread shredded beef out on cookie sheet. Place directly under broiler for 7-8 minutes to gently crust and crisp edges.
- While beef is broiling, warm tortillas.
- Set up shredded beef, tortillas and toppings allowing everyone to build their own tacos.
- Serve with side of beans or rice.
- Place all ingredients in food processor or blender. Blend until well combined.