Hello amazing! Seriously…a must make! The perfect pizza crust and toppings for family pizza night or your next gathering! It couldn’t be easier and your toppings make a perfectly balanced pie!
Best Ever Pizza Crust
Servings: 2 pizzas
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 package fast acting yeast
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups bread flour gluten free, if desired
- Your choice!
- Combine water, yeast and honey in a small bowl. Let stand for 5-10 minutes or until yeast blooms and starts to bubbly slightly.
- In a stand mixer fitted with dough hook, combine yeast mixture, salt, olive olive and flour. Let mixer do the work for 5-7 minutes on low speed. Dough should pull away from the edges and form a loose ball. You want a slightly tacky dough, not dry.
- Tightly cover dough in a lightly oiled glass bowl with plastic wrap. Let sit for 60-90 minutes or until doubled in size.
- When dough has doubled, divide evenly into two smaller balls for two crusts. Roll out one dough ball on lightly floured surface until slightly larger than your cast iron pan. Most cast irons are 12” in diameter. (Note, second crust can be saved for another pizza. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in ziploc bag and refrigerate until ready to use).
For Cast Iron Oven Cooking:
- Lightly oil your cast iron by using 1 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil and a paper towel. Run along inside of pan. Place rolled out dough inside pan. (I like my dough to slightly creep up the inside edges for a nice crust).
- Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and lightly brush with olive oil. Add sauce and toppings of choice. Cook another 10 minutes until lightly browned.
For Ooni Pizza Oven Cooking:
- Lightly flour your pizza peel. Spread rolled out dough on peel. Top with sauce and toppings of choice. Slide off peel into your Ooni and cook for 25-30 seconds. Rotate quickly so that crust doesn’t burn. We’ve found that three rotations of roughly 25-30 seconds each will make the perfect pizza in less than 90 seconds!