Such a fresh, bright and EASY salad! The dill dressing is delicious and the Parmesan crisps provide great texture and flavor. Great as a starter salad or add your favorite protein for an entree!
Bibb Lettuce Salad with Herbed Dill Dressing and Parmesan Croutons
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce cut into quarters lengthwise
- 1/2 cup radishes thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup avocado mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh dill toss in some chives and thyme if you have on hand
- Preheat oven to broil. Like a baking sheet with a silicone pad. If you don’t have one, spray your baking sheet well with nonstick spray. Make 4-6 mounds of Parmesan cheese. They should be roughly 2” in diameter. You don’t want them to be too thin or thick, just an evenly distributed mound of cheese. Place directly under your boiler. Watch very closely as they easily burn. It should take about a minute and the cheese will get crispy and slightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a medium bowl or food processor, combine all ingredients for salad dressing and mix until smooth.
- On a platter or in a large salad bowl, add lettuce. Tuck radishes in amongst lettuce.
- Gently remove cooled Parmesan crisps from baking sheet with a spatula or by peeling off. The larger crisps can be tucked amongst the leaves and any broken ones can be crumbled on top. Top salad with dressing and serve.