It’s still hot and sunny out and we love it! Dinner is still happening on the grill and this is a favorite! Enjoy for your next weeknight meal or BBQ with a side of cheesy orzo, roasted veggies or a crisp green salad. Start to finish in less than 30 minutes!
Blackened Chicken Sandwiches
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 hamburger buns gluten free, if desired
- 3 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp thyme or Italian seasoning
- Olive oil
- 4 slices cheese provolone or white cheese preferred
- Basil Aioli store bought or our easy recipe below
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Mix spices (paprika through thyme) in a small bowl.
- Pat chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle blackening mixture over chicken breasts. Gently press seasoning down onto chicken to ensure it sticks. Repeat on both sides.
- Grill chicken breasts for 6 minutes on first side. Flip and grill an additional 4-5 minutes or until internal temp reads 165 degrees. Low and slow is how we like to make the perfect chicken on the grill! If using cheese, add for the last 90 seconds just so it melts.
- Remove chicken and lightly toast buns on grill. Build sandwiches with chicken, lettuce, tomato and a schmear of basil aioli.