It doesn’t get much better than this! Delicious blackened salmon with our favorite homemade caesar dressing atop a nice bed of thinly sliced romaine. I could literally eat this every day.
Blackened Salmon Caesar Salad
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup blackening seasoning use your favorite or see ours below
- 4 – 4 oz salmon filets
- Olive oil
- 3 heads of romaine thinly sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes sliced in half and salted
- 1 cup cotija cheese crumbled
- 3 corn tortillas
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup avocado mayonnaise or regular mayonnaise
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt and pepper to taste lots of pepper
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 3 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp thyme or Italian seasoning
- In a medium bowl or food processor, combine all ingredients for dressing. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Sprinkle blackening seasoning over both sides of salmon filets. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Drizzle a little olive oil in pan. Place salmon in pan, searing for 4 mins on each side over medium high heat. Turn off and let sit 2 minutes.
- Drizzle olive oil over corn tortillas. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Cook in oven for air fryer at 375 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into strips.
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, tomatoes, half of the cotija cheese and half of the dressing. Gently toss. Plate, dividing evenly amongst each. Top with seared blackened salmon, remaining cheese and tortilla strips. Add extra dressing on the side.
- Sear seasoned salmon for 4 mins on each side over medium high heat. Turn off and let sit 2 minutes.
- If you’d like to make your own blackening seasoning, our recipe is below. This will make more than needed for this recipe but can be saved for many other dishes. It’s delish!
- Mix seasoning in a small bowl.