Our homemade blackening seasoning is a hit! So easy to pull together and versatile on so many things! These Blackened Salmon Tostadas (or Tacos, if you’d like) always fly in this house. Easy, healthy, quick and delicious. What more could you ask for?! And, the creamy beans aren’t to be missed! Pro tip: double or triple the blackening seasoning and save for another meal to save time!
Blackened Salmon Tostadas with Creamy Beans
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 shallot minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 oz sour cream
- 1 lb salmon cut into 4 filets
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp thyme or Italian seasoning
- Olive oil
- 8 corn tortillas
- Crumbled cotija
- Shredded lettuce or cabbage
- Avocado slices
- Hot sauce or salsa
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spread out salmon.
- Mix spices (paprika through thyme) in a small bowl.
- Pat salmon filets dry with a paper towel. Place on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle blackening mixture over filets. Gently press seasoning down onto filets to ensure it sticks.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Turn oven up to broil. Place sheet pan directly under broiler for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- While salmon is cooking, prepare beans. In a medium sized skillet, heat butter over medium heat. As butter starts to melt, add garlic and shallot. Cook 3-4 minutes. Add beans and spices. Mix well. Using the back of a spatula or spoon, gently mash beans. Cover and turn down to low. Let flavors meld while making rest of dish.
- Lightly toast tortillas in a dry, nonstick skillet or over open flame for 30 seconds on each side, using tongs to flip.
- Remove salmon from oven and break into small pieces.
- Add sour cream to beans and mix until creamy.
- Layer tostadas with beans and crumbled salmon. Add toppings.