Just going to leave this right here and let you drool. Amazing flavors, texture and vibrancy.
Blood Orange, Fennel and Arugula Salad with Salmon
- 1 lb salmon
- 2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed fennel seeds
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 black pepper
- 6 cups arugula
- 2 blood oranges skin removed and sliced into segments
- 1 jar pitted green olives drained and diced
- 1 bulb fennel razor thin slices of white part only (fronds will be used later in dressing)
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- Thinly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fennel fronds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut salmon into four individual filets. Place on a baking sheet, covered with foil. Drizzle olive oil lightly over each filet (about 1-2 tsp on each). Drizzle lemon juice lightly over each filet (about 1 tsp on each). In a small bowl, combine kosher salt, pepper and ground fennel seeds. Sprinkle evenly over each filet. Bake for 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 125 degrees.
- While salmon is cooking, dry roast the pistachios in a small skillet over medium high heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until fragrant. Stir often so nuts don’t burn. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Combine all salad ingredients except Parmesan in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Make dressing, combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk well. Drizzle dressing over salad and lightly toss to combine.
- Plate salad on each plate. Top with cooked salmon and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.