The perfect Sunday breakfast or “make ahead” muffins to prep for the week ahead. Easy, delicious and crowd pleasing!
Blueberry Banana Crumble Muffins
Servings: 1 dozen
- 2 cups regular or gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 Tbsp milk buttermilk, or non-dairy milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 medium bananas overly ripe is best
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup regular or gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas well in a bowl with the back of a fork or spoon. (This is a fun task for kids with clean hands!) This will ensure they incorporate evenly into batter. Next, combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together egg, sugar, and oil until well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. The mixture will be thick and dry. Then add bananas, milk and vanilla to the mixture and stir until incorporated. Note, entire recipe can also be prepared using a stand mixture. Gently fold blueberries into mixture with spatula.
- Line muffin tin with paper muffin cups or spray with nonstick spray. Add batter to muffin cups. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Combine crumble topping in a bowl. Add crumble topping to top of muffins and bake another 5 minutes.
- Muffins can be stored for 2-3 days in an airtight container.