Blueberry Coffee Cake
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 block cream cheese room temperature
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour I use a gluten free blend
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3 1/2 cups fresh blueberries substitute frozen if fresh not available
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp sugar
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Fresh blueberries for garnish
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed of an electric stand mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, and beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly add to butter mixture. Stir in vanilla. Stir in lemon juice and lemon zest. Turn mixer to low and slowly add berries. Mix only until berries are evenly distributed but not breaking or mashing.
- Pour batter into a 10-inch Bundt cake pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour; cool on a wire rack. Once cooked, gently flip over onto serving plate or cake stand to serve. Note, I like to ensure the cake is loosened on edges and flip the serving plate upside down on top of the Bundt pan. Holding both sides of the serving plate and Bundt pan together, gently flip and turn out the cake directly onto the serving piece.