One of our fan (and our family) favorites is our Overnight French Toast Bake. We love it so much that we jazzed it up a bit to a muffin size. Great to take with you and perfect to entertain with! A hit at any brunch or breakfast table! Great for entertaining guests and family for Easter.
Brioche French Toast Muffins
- 1 loaf bread Texas toast, challah or brioche work well, or sub gluten free, cut into 1” cubes (see note)
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup regular or almond milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie or apple pie spice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a standard size muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line with muffin liners.
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl and add milk through salt. Whisk well to combine. Add in bread cubes. Using clean hands or a spatula, work to combine bread with egg mixture, trying to absorb as much mixture into the bread as possible.
- Scoop bread mixture into muffin tins. Pour any extra liquid over top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until nicely golden brown.
- Top with syrup and powdered sugar. Serve with fruit.