There’s not too much better than a warm brownie! We love cooking them in our cast iron skillet for the amazingly gooey texture and beautiful presentation! We hardly ever cut these into brownies and mostly just eat “family style” right out of the skillet with a spoon. Easy, delicious and a crowd pleaser! With an easy sub of the flour, this is easily gluten free!
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp strong coffee or espresso
- 1/2 cup flour sub gluten free, if desired
- 1 cup high quality cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream or Vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make sure butter and eggs are at room temperature. You don’t want melted butter from the microwave, just softened to the touch.
- Combine butter and sugars with mixer or food processor until they form a nice creamed texture. Add 1 egg at a time and continue to mix. Add vanilla extract and coffee or espresso. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder. Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture until well combined. Add chocolate chips and combine slowly. Be sure to not overmix.
- Lightly oil cast iron pan (or other oven-safe pan) with 1 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil and a paper towel. Spread oil in a thin layer around inside of pan. Gently press batter into pan, trying to create an even layer with consistent thickness. (Pro tip: If the dough is sticking to your hands, simply spray your hand with nonstick spray, making the process so easy!)
- Cook 20-25 minutes. Use cook time on the lower end for an even gooier center!
- Top with whipped cream or ice cream and sprinkles.