With the holiday right around the corner, you’re likely feeding a few extra mouths. Brunch boards are a favorite of mine and the perfect way to celebrate. They come together easily and can wow a crowd! And, remember, one of our top tips for a successful Thanksgiving dinner is to feed your crowd early (either breakfast, brunch or appetizers) to keep them from “lingering” in the kitchen while you are working hard on the meal.
- Start with a large cutting board or tray and position a few small containers or ramekins on it. I like to fill these with berries, jams or even nuts. Next, work your bigger items around the ramekins. This could be bagels, banana bread or even a coffee cake. Now, we are ready to fill in with some protein. Perhaps a frittata, hard boiled eggs or some cooked bacon? Lastly up, fill in any open spaces with extra fruit, garnish with fresh herbs or flowers and you are ready to go!
- My tricks for easy prep the morning of?
- Lay out your cutting board or serving piece along with any smaller bowls so you can see how it will all fit and look.
- Pre-wash and pre-portion your fruit so it’s ready to go!
- Prep any quick breads ahead of time. You can make these up to a week in advance. Wrap in foil and place in a gallon sized storage bag and place in freezer. The night before, defrost on the counter and then cut into pieces the morning of.
- Hard boiled eggs and candied bacon can also be made a day ahead.
- Make it easy on yourself and grab a half dozen bagels or donut holes. Easy, crowd pleasing and a great addition to any board!
- When in doubt, add fresh greens with herbs and flowers to spice it up!
- A few of our favorite recipes to include on your brunch board can be found right here on our site.
Brunch Board Favorites
- Candied Bacon
- Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake
- Pumpkin Nutella Swirl Bread
- Monday Morning Waffles
- Lemon Poppyseed Bread or Orange Yogurt Bread
- Blueberry Blender Muffins