Fresh, quick and so good! The bright colors and sweet tomatoes almost have you thinking it’s summer out. Almost. You can have this dish on the table in 30 minutes tonight!
Bruschetta Noodles with Chicken
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 2 pints grape tomatoes or 8-10 Roma tomatoes diced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves thinly sliced
- 1 lb package favorite pasta chose gluten free, if desired
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts on plate. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp olive oil on top side. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or oven-safe skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil. Place chicken, seasoned side down in pan. While seasoned side is down, drizzle other side with remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook 3 minutes on first side or until nicely browned. Flip and cook 3 minutes on other side. Chicken will not be fully cooked at this point. Place skillet directly in oven and cook for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare pasta and bruschetta. Fill large stockpot with water, liberally salting, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add spaghetti and cook until al dente, about 1-2 minutes less than package instructions.
- For the bruschetta, combine all remaining ingredients (tomatoes through fresh basil) in large serving bowl. Let sit to marinate flavors. Occasionally stir while pasta is cooking to evenly disperse flavor.
- Remove chicken from oven and slice on a slight angle. Set aside until ready to plate.
- When pasta is done cooking, use tongs to remove from pasta water and add directly to bruschetta mixture. By not draining the pasta, you get a touch of extra moisture for the sauce. Gently toss pasta and sauce to evenly coat noodles. Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and sliced chicken.