What a delight this dish is! A fun and modern take on a traditional Linguini with Clam Sauce. We love the way the sauce coats the thicker bucatini noodles. Plus, the coconut cream adds a Thai-inspired creaminess to the simple sauce. Serve for family dinner or with a glass of wine for date night!
Bucatini with Clams
- 1 lb bucatini noodles
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 shallot diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes more if you like a little more heat
- 14 oz can unsweetened coconut cream
- 2 – 6.5 oz cans clams drained
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley minced
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Finishing salt
- Heat large stock pot with water over high heat. Salt liberally and bring to a boil.
- Melt 4 Tbsp butter in large saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion, shallot and garlic. Cook 4-5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
- Turn heat down to medium. Add remaining 4 Tbsp butter, lemon zest, lemon juice and red pepper flakes. Cook 6-8 more minutes.
- Once water is boiling, add bucatini and cook 11-13 minutes or until al dente.
- Add coconut cream to sauce. Whisk well to combine. Turn heat up to medium high and bring to a low boil. Once bubbling, turn heat down to low. Add drained clams and dried parsley, cook 5-7 more minutes.
- Using tongs, remove pasta from water and add directly to sauce. Gently toss. Add fresh parsley and grated Parmesan. Gently toss.
- Plate finished pasta. If desired, top with fresh parsley, grated Parmesan, drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of finish salt.