The absolute PERFECT addition to your game day spread! These are a WOW for your crowd. Also great for an appetizer, easy lunch, or delicious dinner. The roasted cauliflower adds some great depth of flavor and a fun twist to your typical quesadilla.
Buffalo Chicken and Cauliflower Quesadillas
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 shallot diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 1 – 12 oz bottle buffalo sauce
- 1 head cauliflower stems trimmed and broken into florets
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 8 tortillas
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 scallions diced
- Ranch dressing
- Scallions diced
- Add chicken breasts, garlic, shallot, buffalo sauce and ranch seasoning in a crock pot. Mix to combine. Ensure all chicken breasts are covered in sauce. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours.
- When chicken has roughly 45 minutes left to cook, preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread cauliflower on baking sheet and drizzle generously with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss with hands or spatula to evenly coat. Spread into single layer and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Keep oven on for quesadillas.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and shred with two forks. Return to sauce and mix.
- Place tortillas on two baking sheets. You will place ingredients only on one half of each tortilla so you can fold over. Evenly distribute cauliflower on tortillas. If any pieces are too big, break with your hands as you want small pieces of cauliflower. Top with shredded chicken. Sprinkle scallions over top. Add shredded cheese, reserving 1 cup of cheese for top.
- Fold tops of tortillas down and press firmly so they stay folded. Use a pastry brush or spoon to lightly cover top of quesadilla with remaining Buffalo sauce from chicken in crock pot.
- Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for a few more minutes or until cheese melts.
- Cut into triangles and garnish with scallions. Serve with ranch dressing.