Super simple dish using pre-made ravioli. Wonderful seasonal flavors that make a filling but not overpowering dinner. Easily substitutable with Trader Joe’s pumpkin ravioli or your favorite tortellini.
Butternut Squash Ravioli with Pancetta, Spinach and Brown Butter Sauce
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 packages Trader Joe’s Butternut Squash Stuffed Ravioli
- 5 oz pancetta diced
- 3/4 cup raw pine nuts or pepitas
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tsp dried ground sage or 1 Tbsp fresh sage chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh spinach stems removed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- To Serve:
- Fresh sage
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat nonstick skillet to high heat. Add diced pancetta and reduce heat to medium. Cook until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Wipe nonstick skillet with towel to lightly clean. Dry roast nuts over low heat, continuously stirring until lightly browned, about 6-7 minutes. Set aside. Be careful to not overcook.
- Heat large stockpot with water and 1 tsp kosher salt. Bring to a boil. Add ravioli and cook according to package instructions, approximately 4-6 minutes.
- While ravioli is cooking, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet. Add sage and cinnamon. Heat on medium until butter starts to slightly brown. Once edges begin bubbling, you are close. Remove from heat once edges are browned but not burned. Butter will continue to cook in pan once removed from heat. Note, it can quickly go from browned butter to burnt so watch closely.
- Drain ravioli. Add fresh spinach to bottom of large serving bowl. Add ravioli on top of fresh spinach. Warmed ravioli will wilt spinach. Pour brown butter sauce over ravioli. Add pancetta, nuts and most of Parmesan (reserving some to garnish). Use spatula to gently toss.
- Plate 5-6 ravioli on each plate, including toppings. Top with freshly grated Parmesan. Sprinkle remaining nuts and fresh sage on top to garnish.