I love weekends for the wee bit of extra sleep, more time with the fam and for a delicious brunch. Yes, brunch. It’s my jam. Load me up. Enter Caprese Frittata! Fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh sweet basil and eggs for a fantastic brunch or breakfast to feed your crew. Start your weekend off with this healthy and fast dish that will please your family and friends.
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp dried basil or tarragon
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves diced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes halved (I love the multi-colored ones)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic diced
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese cut into 1/2” pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, dried basil or tarragon and fresh basil in a large bowl. Whisk in salt, pepper, and herbs. Set aside.
- Heat a 10-inch ovenproof skillet or cast-iron skillet on stovetop over medium high. Add oil, tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper to skillet. Mix gently with spatula to combine. Cook 5-7 minutes. Turn heat off.
- Gently place mozzarella pieces on top of cooked tomatoes. Pour egg mixture over tomatoes and cheese. (For a fluffier frittata, whisk the eggs vigorously until slightly frothy right before pouring. The bubbles will keep the frittata light and airy as it cooks.)
- Transfer frittata to preheated oven and bake until eggs have set, about 20-25 minutes. Serve with fruit or toast and enjoy!