Pesto, tomatoes and mozzarella, oh my. These are a few of my favorite things! An easy and delicious appetizer that will please your crowd. Comes together in minutes and will fly off your platter even faster. Perfect addition to your Thanksgiving appetizer list!
Caprese Puff Pastry Wraps
- 3/4 cup pesto see below for our homemade option
- 3 Roma tomatoes thinly sliced into 12 slices
- 16 oz log fresh mozzarella thinly sliced into 12 slices
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Kosher salt
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- If using our homemade pesto, prepare now according to directions below.
- Roll out puff pastry with rolling pin into a thin and even rectangle. (Note, it will only get about 1” longer in either direction after rolling). Cut each sheet into 6 equal rectangles for a total of 12 rectangles. Set aside.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place puff pastry rectangles on parchment. Add 1 Tbsp pesto into center of each pastry square. Top each with 1 slice of Roma tomato. Lightly season tomato with kosher salt. Add slice of fresh mozzarella.
- Grab two opposite edges of pastry and pull towards center. As edges touch, cover toppings and pinch to hold. Repeat with all squares. Note, you can use a fork to help lunch together by gently pressing down on dough.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Using a pastry brush, brush all exposed edges of dough with egg wash. This will help ensure a golden brown color.
- Sprinkle tops with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil.