I’m a huge fan of caramelized onions! So easy to make and great for pizzas, burgers, dips, appetizers and more. This app is perfect for holiday gatherings and couldn’t be easier to pull together!
Caramelized Onion Crostini
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 yellow onions diced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 jar favorite jam we love a ginger pear, peach or fig jam
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 baguette
- Balsamic glaze
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt butter. Add sliced onions. Cook on low for 25-25 minutes or until golden brown and caramelized. Midway through cooking, add 1 tsp kosher salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Stir around frequently while cooking.
- When done, remove from heat and allow to slightly cool.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Slice baguette into 1/2” to 1” pieces. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake 7-8 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Spread jam onto each baguette piece (roughly 2 tsp each). Top with caramelized onions. Crumble goat cheese over top. Drizzle balsamic glaze to finish and serve.