We had little hands in the kitchen with us this afternoon to whip up a Valentine’s Pizzokie (Pizza-Cookie). Easy enough for your little ones to make on their own (or with a little help!) and pretty enough to entertain with. Slightly underbake if you want a gooier center. Top with ice cream, syrup, sprinkles and whipped cream for a delicious dessert!
Cate’s Valentine’s Pizzokie
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour we substitute gluten free flour blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make sure butter and eggs are at room temperature. You don’t want melted butter from the microwave, just softened to the touch.
- Combine butter and sugars with mixer or food processor until they form a nice whipped mixture. Add 1 egg at a time and continue to mix. Add vanilla extract and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture until well combined. Add chocolate chips and combine slowly. Be sure to not overmix.
- Lightly oil cast iron pan (or other oven-safe pan) with 1 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil and a paper towel. Spread oil in a thin layer around inside of pan. Gently press dough into pan, trying to create an even layer with consistent thickness. (Pro tip: If the cookie dough is sticking to your hands, simply spray your hand with nonstick spray, making the process so easy!)
- Cook 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Use cook time on the lower end for a gooey center!
- Top with items of choice.