A most delicious side dish that is lighter than your traditional risotto. Naturally gluten free and keto friendly, if that’s your jam. Great with any of our salmon recipes and with really and protein.
Creamy Cauliflower Risotto
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot diced
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 – 16 oz bags frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 – 8 oz container mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add shallots and garlic and sauté 3-5 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Add salt and pepper and mix well. Add frozen cauliflower rice and mix well. Turn heat down to medium low and cook 7-9 minutes, stirring frequently. Cauliflower should be softened and warm.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder, mascarpone and heavy cream. Stir well. Cover saucepan with lid and cook for 10 more minutes. Once done, liquid should be nearly all absorbed.
- Add Parmesan cheese and mix well. Cook for a few more minutes to allow cheese to melt. Taste and adjust salt and pepper seasoning if needed. Serve immediately.