A fast, easy and healthy option for a quick breakfast or lunch. Filled with protein and great flavor, it’s one not to miss! Top with a delicious kale salad for added greens and flavor. There’s one essential topping you don’t want to leave out to get the best sweet and savory flavors!
Breakfast Egg Chaffle with Kale Salad
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese I used mozzarella
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 scallions chopped
- 2 cups kale chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Honey we like Mike’s Hot Honey best
- Plug in waffle iron to begin heating. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Using a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese, salt and half of the scallions. Once waffle iron is warm, pour egg mixture across 4 waffle squares. Let mixture set for a minute before closing waffle iron so mixture doesn’t overflow. Close top to waffle iron and allow 6-7 minutes to cook. You will notice waffle iron may start to open as eggs cook and fluff up.
- While eggs are cooking, prepare kale mixture. In a small bowl, add kale and drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice and Parmesan. Using your hands, gently massage the kale to combine the flavors and break down the kale. Set aside.
- Once waffles are done (lightly browned and crispy), use tongs to remove from waffle maker and cut into 4 pieces.
- Plate 2 waffle squares for each serving. Top with half of kale salad. Garnish with remaining scallions. Drizzle with honey (hot is our favorite!)