A great breakfast or lunch option with just eggs and cheese in your waffle iron! There’s one essential topping you don’t want to leave out to get the best sweet and savory flavors! 🍳🧇🍅
Breakfast Chaffle with Microgreens, Tomatoes & Hot Honey
Servings: 4 servings
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese I used mozzarella
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt divided
- 1 tsp favorite dried herbs
- 1 cup grape tomatoes diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup microgreens
- Hot honey or regular honey
- Plug in waffle iron to begin heating to medium high heat. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Using a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, 1/2 tsp salt and herbs. Once waffle iron is warm, pour half of the egg mixture across 4 waffle squares. Sprinkle each square with 1/4 cup of cheese and top with remainder of egg mixture. Essentially, make an egg and cheese sandwich in each waffle square. I’ve found it easiest to have the eggs be on top and bottom as they don’t stick as much. Close top to waffle iron and allow 6-7 minutes to cook. You will notice waffle iron may start to open as eggs cook and fluff up.
- While eggs are cooking, dice grape tomatoes and mix together in a small bowl with olive oil and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Set aside.
- Once waffles are done (lightly browned and crispy), use tongs to remove from waffle maker and cut into 4 pieces.
- Plate Chaffle and garnish with microgreens and 1/4 of tomato mixture. Last (and, one of the most important parts) is to slightly drizzle with honey (hot honey is my fav!). This makes for a great sweet + savory combo!