Find a friend or willing family member to help you create this tasty (and healthy) meal. These are easy and fast but it’s helpful to have a second set of hands to assemble. They never last long in our house! Grab some of your favorite dipping sauces (we love sweet chili sauce and peanut sauce!) and these will delight!
Chicken and Veggie Rice Paper Spring Rolls
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 6-7 small sweet peppers julienned
- 1/2 bag about 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 avocados diced
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 8 oz thin rice noodles often called Angel Hair
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- Peanut sauce for dipping
- Sweet chili sauce for dipping
- Arrange lettuce, peppers, carrots, shredded chicken and avocados in individual bowls. Line up in individual bowls to create an assembly line.
- Fill a large stockpot half full with water. Heat to a boil. Once boiling, turn heat off and add rice noodles. They will cook in 4-5 minutes. Strain noodles and place in bowl to use for assembly line.
- Fill a large saucepan half full. The saucepan needs to be at least as wide as the rice paper wrappers so you can fit one at a time in the pan. Heat water over low heat. Using tongs or your hands, dunk rice paper in the water for about 15 seconds or until just soft. Very important to not have water hot at all. You really only want it slightly warmed. If it gets too hot, turn off heat all together. Also, it’s important to not overcook the wrappers as they will cook quickly. Working in batches, cooking one at a time. Once cooked, remove from water and lay on a dish towel, cheese cloth or cutting board. Blot any excess water.
- Build your spring rolls, layering 1 piece of lettuce on top of the rice paper wrapper. Add some rice noodles. Top with peppers, carrots, chicken and avocado. Wrap sides of rice paper in first and then roll like a burrito. The wrappers are pretty flexible but try not to overfill.
- Repeat with remaining wrappers, creating 8 spring rolls. Serve with sweet chili sauce and peanut sauce.