It truly doesn’t get any easier than this! Prep time is all of 5 minutes and it’s hands off until dinner. Dress it up with your favorite toppings! Looking for a high protein option? Simply omit the rice! Extras are great for leftovers! Our whole crew was back for seconds.
Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 – 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 – 16 oz jar favorite salsa
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 3 cups cooked rice I like our coconut lime rice recipe
- 1 – 15 oz can black or pinto beans warmed
- Lettuce diced or shredded
- Tomatoes diced
- Limes quartered
- Shredded cheese or cotija
- Avocado quartered or avocado cream
- Add crushed tomatoes to crockpot. Top with chicken breasts. Generously season chicken with salt and pepper. Pour diced chiles and salsa over top. Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- When done cooking, remove chicken from crockpot with tongs. Using two forks, gently shred. Return to crockpot and cover to keep warm.
- Prepare rice and heat beans.
- Set up toppings assembly line style so everyone can prepare their own burrito bowl. Squeeze fresh lime over top.