A most delicious classic sure to please the entire family! Short on time? Use a rotisserie chicken. Make extra dressing to have on hand for another meal. Even better yet? Make extra filling and toss in a tortilla for lunch tomorrow.
Chicken Caesar Salad with Seasoned Croutons
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/2 French bread loaf
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 head romaine thinly sliced
- 5 Roma tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 lb cooked chicken shredded
- 1/3 cup avocado mayonnaise or regular mayonnaise
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt and pepper to taste lots of pepper
- 2 tsp dried basil
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut French bread into two halves, cutting down the middle lengthwise. (Note, you only need one half for the recipe but you can easily make extra and save). Lay bread on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over bread, using fingers to spread onto bread. You should need roughly 2 Tbsp. Sprinkle kosher salt, black pepper and Italian seasoning over top. Bake bread roughly 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool and cut into small cubes.
- In a medium bowl or food processor, combine all ingredients for dressing. Whisk until smooth.
- Toss half of dressing with shredded romaine in a large salad bowl. Lightly toss. Add tomato wedges and shredded chicken. Lightly toss.
- Plate salad. Garnish with croutons, fresh Parmesan cheese and freshly grated black pepper, to taste.
- Place extra dressing on the side to add more as desired.