We are loving our new wood fired pizza oven! The flavors are amazing and it’s so fun to create. My favorite “lighter” pizza plays up the delicious crust but lightens it up a hit with a crisp and flavorful salad on top.
Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 ball pizza dough store bought or your favorite homemade recipe
- Olive oil
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 head of romaine thinly sliced
- 1 large chicken breast grilled and shredded (can substitute rotisserie chicken if desired)
- 1/3 cup avocado mayonnaise or regular mayonnaise
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt and pepper to taste lots of pepper
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2-3 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat indoor oven to 475 or heat outdoor pizza oven.
- Roll out pizza dough on a floured surface. Shoot for a 10-12” diameter for the crust. Place crust on a lightly floured baking sheet, pizza stone or on lightly floured pizza peel if cooking in pizza oven. Note, if cooking indoors, it can help to let the baking sheet or stone preheat in the oven and then carefully build your pizza on the warmed base.
- Drizzle crust with olive oil. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Bake 5-7 minutes in indoor oven and 3-5 minutes in outdoor pizza oven. Remove once golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, toss half of dressing with romaine and shredded chicken. Pile salad on center of cooked crusted.
- Garnish with extra Parmesan and black pepper. Place extra dressing on the side to add more as desired.
- Cut into fourths and serve one slice topped with salad per person.
Makes one 10-12” pizza, Serves 4