It’s what’s for dinner! This is a quick and healthy dinner that our whole family loves. Chicken Milanese is an easy and tasty version of breaded chicken that’s sure to please. We’re pretty sure it’s perfect for any night of the week.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 1/2 cup all purpose flour 2 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided 1 tsp black pepper, divided 2 Tbsp milk 3 eggs 1 Tbsp lemon juice Zest of 1 lemon 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder 1 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese Olive oil
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh Italian parsley
- Place the flour in a bowl and season it with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper and mix well.
- Place the milk, eggs and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the breadcrumbs, dried herbs, lemon zest, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Use the flat end of a meat mallet or a heavy pan to pound the chicken thin. Repeat the process with the remaining pieces of chicken.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the flour, then the egg mixture, then the breadcrumbs, covering both sides of chicken in each dipping station. I find it easiest to use a fork to dip and flip, keeping your hands clean and allowing ingredients to adhere to chicken. Repeat with remaining chicken until all is well coated.
- Add oil to a skillet with high sides. Add enough so oil is roughly 3/4” deep. Heat skillet over medium heat. Allow oil to warm until just starting to bubble. Slowly add chicken to pan. Cook for 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown, crispy and cooked through. Note, if chicken doesn’t easily flip, it needs more time to cook.
- Plate chicken on large serving platter. Squeeze any remaining lemon juice over top. Garnish with extra grated Parmesan and fresh parsley.
- Serve with green salad or our cheesy lemon orzo .