Are you ready for this one? Truly ah-mazing! I might have even gotten a few “holy s***” responses from the teens when they dug in. Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches • Fast, easy and so delicious! Bread your own chicken tenders and make the most amazing sandwich ever!
Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp dried basil divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make breaded chicken tenders, set out three shallow bowls or baking dishes. Add flour to one, whisked eggs to another, and panko, 1 Tbsp dried basil, salt and pepper into the third, mixing well.
- Bread chicken tenders one at a time by dredging in flour, followed by egg mixture and then with panko mixture. Ensure you coat all sides of chicken well in each step. Place breaded chicken breasts on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Once done breading all chicken, place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Slice French bread in half horizontally. Dig center of bottom loaf out. Pour marinara in opening created. Top with cooked chicken tenders.
- Layer fresh mozzarella slices across top. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella and shredded Parmesan over top.
- Spread thin layer of basil pesto on inside of top layer of bread. Add top layer to sandwich and gently push down.
- Use a pastry brush and spread melted butter over top of sandwich. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbsp dried basil.
- Return to oven, bake another 15 minutes. Cut into individual sandwiches and serve warm.