Wonderfully delicious and remarkably simple! A perfect wrap full of flavorful chicken and a blend of Mediterranean flavors. Make the marinade early in the day and have dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes!
Mediterranean Chicken Shawarma Wraps
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 lbs chicken breasts cut into 1-2” squares
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tsp each paprika garlic powder, cardamom, ginger and salt
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander and black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 pitas or flatbreads
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup tzatziki sauce
- 1 cup cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley chopped
- Combine all marinade ingredients except chicken breasts in a medium bowl. Whisk together until well combined. Use a large gallon sized ziploc bag and add chicken breasts to it. Pour marinade over chicken in plastic bag. Remove extra air and seal. Work marinade around in bag, attempting to cover chicken. Double bag so marinade doesn’t leak. Place in refrigerator for 3-6 hours, turning over every few hours.
- After marinade is complete, begin to prepare skewers. Start by soaking kebabs in water for 15-20 minutes. This will help prevent them from burning.
- Skewer chicken onto sticks. Cook at 300 degrees on a grill (medium low heat) or an indoor griddle and turn frequently. Low and slow for perfectly moist chicken, roughly 11-13 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of hummus onto pita or flatbread. Top with chicken, tzatziki, cucumbers, tomatoes and parsley. Serve warm!