Chicken breasts, onion, beer and spices?! Yes, please! Tasty, healthy and mostly hands off. A perfect dinner to start the week as leftover chicken will be ready for weekday lunches!
Chicken Tinga Tacos in the Crockpot
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Zest and Juice of two limes
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 bottle beer this will all cook off but you can sub for 2 cups chicken broth if you want
- Corn tortillas or Tostadas
- Shredded lettuce
- Black or pinto beans
- Tomatoes diced, for garnish
- Chives or green onions for garnish
- 2 avocados pitted and diced
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup avocado mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Dash of kosher salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients for taco meat (chicken breasts through beer / broth) in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours. Once done, shred with two forks.
- Remove from slow cooker and spread meat on a cookie sheet. Place in oven, directly under broiler for 3-4 minutes to crisp up the edges.
- Once meat is done, set aside and make avocado cream. For avocado cream, place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
- Serve on corn tortillas or tostadas. Top with shredded lettuce, beans, tomatoes, avocado cream and any other toppings desired. Serve with a side of Spanish rice.