Memorial Day weekend is here and we’re not sure about you but we are looking forward to lots of downtime with the fam and fun in the sun. That means, firing up the grill for dinner and one of our favorite kebab recipes!
Chile Lime Chicken Kebabs with Cheesy Lemon Orzo and Lemon Herb Aioli
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp each: paprika cumin, garlic powder & onion powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder optional
- Zest of one lime
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 bell peppers cut into 1” square pieces
- 2 yellow onions cut into 1” square pieces
- Wooden skewers
- Combine all marinade ingredients except chicken breasts in a medium bowl. Whisk together until well combined. Use a large gallon sized ziploc bag and add chicken breasts to it. Pour marinade over chicken in plastic bag. Remove extra air and seal. Work marinade around in bag, attempting to cover chicken. Double bag so marinade doesn’t leak. Place in refrigerator for 3-6 hours, turning over every few hours.
- After marinade is complete, begin to prepare skewers. Start by soaking kebabs in water for 15-20 minutes. This will help prevent them from burning.
- While skewers are soaking, cube chicken and vegetables. Remove chicken from marinade and cube into 1” squares. Do the same for the vegetables. Skewer onto sticks, alternating chicken and vegetables. Place roughly 4 pieces of chicken and 4-6 pieces of vegetable per skewer.
- Cook at 300 degrees on a grill (medium low heat) and turn frequently. Low and slow for perfectly moist chicken, roughly 11-13 minutes.
- Serve 2 kebabs per plate with scoop of cheesy lemon orzo and 1-2 dollops of lemon herb aioli.