Cheesy Lime Chicken Kebabs with Cheesy Lemon Orzo and Lemon Garlic Aioli
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp each: paprika cumin, garlic powder & onion powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder optional
- Zest of one lime
- 1/4 cup honey
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 bell peppers cut into 1” square pieces
- 2 yellow onions cut into 1” square pieces
- Wooden skewers
- Combine all marinade ingredients except chicken breasts in a medium bowl. Whisk together until well combined. Use a large gallon sized ziploc bag and add chicken breasts to it. Pour marinade over chicken in plastic bag. Remove extra air and seal. Work marinade around in bag, attempting to cover chicken. Double bag so marinade doesn’t leak. Place in refrigerator for 3-6 hours, turning over every few hours.
- After marinade is complete, begin to prepare skewers. Start by soaking kebabs in water for 15-20 minutes. This will help prevent them from burning.
- While skewers are soaking, cube chicken and vegetables. Remove chicken from marinade and cube into 1” squares. Do the same for the vegetables. Skewer onto sticks, alternating chicken and vegetables. Place roughly 4 pieces of chicken and 4-6 pieces of vegetable per skewer.
- Cook at 300 degrees on a grill (medium low heat) and turn frequently. Low and slow for perfectly moist chicken, roughly 11-13 minutes.
- Serve 2 kebabs per plate with scoop of cheesy lemon orzo and 1-2 dollops of lemon herb aioli.
Cheesy Lemon Orzo
Servings: 6 servings
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups orzo
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Using a medium sized pot, heat broth over high heat. Once boiling, slowly add orzo to broth. Add salt, pepper, basil, and oregano. Stir. Turn heat down to low and cover. Cook until majority of liquid is absorbed, about 11-13 minutes.
- Turn heat off. Add lemon juice and stir. Let orzo sit for another 2-3 minutes with lid on so lemon juice can absorb. Add shredded mozzarella and stir until cheesy is combined and melted. Taste and adjust any seasoning as needed before serving.
Lemon Garlic Aioli
- 1 1/2 cup avocado mayonnaise
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 2-4 Tbsp fresh herbs dill and chives
- 1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 lemon zested
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in Cuisinart or blender. Blend until well combined.