Looking for something a little bit sweet and a little bit healthy for Valentine’s Day morning? We got so much love for our apple cinnamon baked oatmeal last week that we changed up the ingredients and are bringing you another delightful version. (Plus, in all honesty, I had bananas that needed to be used up!) Serve for breakfast, cut up for snack time or save for dessert!
Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 medium bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 or square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (oats through nutmeg). In a small bowl, combine wet ingredients (eggs through vanilla extract). Whisk wet ingredients well. Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mixing well to combine.
- Add bananas and chocolate chips to mixture, combining well. If desired, save a few chocolate chips to the side to sprinkle on top.
- Pour mixture in prepared pan. Using a spatula, gently move around the batter to ensure bananas are well dispersed throughout pan. Sprinkle top with extra chocolate chips, if desired.
- Cook for 40-45 minutes or until the top is lightly golden browned.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to cool. Cut into squares to serve.