An absolute treat coming your way today! Perfect for that special mom in your life or a great crowd pleaser for all of the kiddos! There’s not much that my littlest kiddo likes more than a spoonful of Nutella so this one really hits the spot!
Chocolate Nutella Banana Bread
- 2 cups regular or gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 Tbsp milk or non-dairy milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 medium bananas overly ripe is best
- 1/2 cup Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a standard loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mash bananas well in a bowl with the back of a fork or spoon. (This is a fun task for kids with clean hands!) This will ensure they incorporate evenly into batter. Next, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together egg, sugar, and oil until well combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. The mixture will be thick and dry. Then add bananas, milk and vanilla.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared loaf pan. Add half of chocolate hazelnut spread on top of first half of batter. I like to add in small dollops, scattered evenly around. Pour remaining half of the batter over top, Dollop remaining chocolate hazelnut spread around top of batter.
- For regular loaf, bake 55-65 minutes until a toothpick or knife inserted in the middle comes out mostly clean. (Note, the swirls of Nutella will still be soft but the batter around it should be fully cooked). Remove bread from oven to a cooling rack and let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.