Looking for a healthy snack while working from home or when those kiddos get home from school? Our protein cups are so easy and come together in minutes. Get creative with the flavors of nut butter, protein powder and extras that you use to make these for your own liking. (We love chocolate protein powder with chocolate almond butter!) One batch will only last a day or two in our house! With 10g of protein per ball and less than 15g of carbohydrates in each, these are a great pop of energy! Easy to double or triple and make a big batch.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Cups
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter or almond butter
- 3 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 scoops collagen peptides
- 3 Tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 cup oats
- 1 Tbsp honey or agave syrup
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Use a spoon to mix well and ensure all ingredients are evenly distributed. The peanut butter and honey will help bind but if mixture is too dry, add a few teaspoons of water. Divide into fourths making it easier to get 24 equal servings when making cups.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave safe, glass bowl. Start with 90 seconds on high heat and mix well. Continue heating for increments of 15 seconds until fully melted.
- Spray a tray of 24 mini muffin cups with nonstick spray. Add 2 tsp melted chocolate to bottom of each tin. This should take roughly half of the melted chocolate.
- Use your hands to form 24 small balls/discs. Note, you won’t really roll these into balls and rather press them together in a small round, ball or disc shape, roughly the size of the mini tins. Add to muffin tins, on top of melted chocolate. Try to have balls slightly smaller than tins so they don’t stick to the sides.
- Top with remaining chocolate, roughly 2 tsp each. Try your best to coat protein balls.
- Once all cups are formed and covered in chocolate, freeze for 15-30 minutes to ensure they keep their shape. Gently loosen with spatula. Enjoy!