Whoa, delish! An easy, flavorful and moist bundt cake with just a hint of fall flavors. Perfect for the family yet nice enough for a non-traditional Thanksgiving dessert. Even works for a Halloween get together while handing out the candy. Enjoy!
Chocolate Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- 2 cups flour I use a gluten free blend
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temperature
- 12 oz container whipped cream cheese can substitute 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips optional
- Powdered sugar
- Melted chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment or using a hole and a hand mixer, whip butter and cream cheese together. Add eggs, oil, pumpkin, sugar and vanilla. Mix well to combine.
- Add flour through pumpkin pie spice and mix well, on medium speed, to combine. Add chocolate chips, if desired and mix in.
- Spray 10” Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add batter and smooth so evenly level.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Let cool 1-2 hours. Gently flip out onto cake plate or serving platter. Garnish with melted chocolate or hot fudge and powdered sugar.